Friday, March 21, 2014

Sustainable, sustainable, sustainable. 

I repeated that over and over again as I began searching for a new eating plan.  And I've been searching for years.  I kept on saying to myself,  "You have to find something you can do and enjoying doing for the rest of your life."  And I believe I found it.

A quick summary of the plan is to eat 6 smaller meals a day and each meal should consist of complex carbs (whole grains, fruits and vegetables) and a healthy protein (legumes, nuts, lean meats).  And only eat white flour and sugar occasionally when you want a treat.

Here's the best part.  I tried the plan for two weeks and was able to shed three pounds per week.  My goal is 1.5 pounds a week so I'm two weeks ahead of schedule.

Here is a book that summarizes the program:.

The Eat Clean Diet - Recharged      

And here is a website that gives good tips on how to begin eating clean:

Clean Eating 101:  The Gracious Pantry


I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel after 10 months of following this new eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment